Photoshop… Lately, it has become a kind of miracle cure for celebrities who appear on countless magazine covers, ad posters, and whatnot. With some limits airbrushing has nothing negative actually. But when magazine editors use it in an excessive way, they call for public indignation and also cover a lot of editing like that Photoshopped Cover girls.
So did Women’s Health magazine with its December issue. It’s clear that this glossy has to promote health and well-being – adequate healthy life on default! But its December issue with Amber Heard on the cover is blasted for heavy airbrushing the Rum Diary star’s body with simultaneously roaring about her ‘sexy curves. Some bloggers noted her abs side looks ‘strangely whittled’, specifically if to compare to behind-the-scenes snaps of the photo shoot.The 25-year-old spoke to Women’s Health about her fitness regime and said that she practices Pilates, jogging, and plays tennis to keep in shape.
I am a firm believer that you can have the body you want, only to the extent that you’re willing to work for it.”
As for her nutrition, she commented:
You feel better when you’re eating food that retains nutritional value.”
But it seems the natural results of her tough regime were not convenient for the editors and they carried out that Photoshop job going too far with it. Apparently, Women’s Health magazine doesn’t think Amber Heard needs ribs or internal organs. However, Women’s Health denied that Heard’s abdomen has been digitally altered. Michele Promaulayko, president and Editor-Chief of Women’s Health commented:
We did not Photoshop the image to make her look thinner. These are her real proportions. We choose cover stars who are fit and healthy. Amber exemplifies that.”
Watch the following video showing photoshoots behind-the-scenes snaps. Amber Heard looks pretty okay, toned up but not so scooped out as on the cover of the magazine.
Here are other examples of overzealous Photoshop jobs for different magazines and ad campaigns:
What You Didn’t Know About
A week ago the premiere of the final episode of the Harry Potter franchise was held in Trafalgar Square in London. Some movie reviewers noted that in a definite sense the last part of “ Hallows” film was even better than the book.
Perhaps the greatest triumph of this final film is its ability to overcome the deficiencies of J K Rowling’s writing
What made the last film about Harry Potter so special? Here are some interesting facts:
1) The final episode of the movie was subjected to retake as technical problems emerged during the montage. However at this time, the King’s Cross station wasn’t rented, so, the actors had to play in the pavilion.
2) The last episode of the movie contained the scenes of adult heroes (19 years after). The characters already had wives/husbands and children; so, Draco Malfoy’s wife was played by Tom Felton’s (Draco Malfoy) girlfriend Jade Olivia who is a stunt assistant. Tom Felton:
The producers actually came to me about six months ago and asked me, and I was like, OK, I’ll ask her. She was slightly reluctant but I pulled her arm and twisted it and then she was filming with me for three days at King’s Cross.
3) If Who didn’t read the book or watched the last movie, it’s not recommended to read this paragraph. Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) was the only person who knew one plot detail ten years ago. As it was revealed in “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows” Part 2, Severus Snape was in love with Harry‘s mother. J.K. Rowling believed that this awareness will help the actor to create his character.
4) The scene of Ron and Hermione kissing was being retaken 10 times (compare: Ron and Lavanda Brown – 15 times, Harry and Cho Chang – 30 times).
5) Rupert Grint exulted when he learned his character was not supposed to die. If you remember there was an intrigue created by J.K. Rowling. The writer told that some of the major heroes would die. Rupert thought that Harry wouldn’t die as he was the main person and Hermione was just a girl. So, Ron probably could be J.K. Rowling’s “victim”… Fortunately, he was wrong.
Lomo-Hobby: What Is It?
Have you ever wanted to be a photographer? If yes and you didn’t give up on your goal, you are a lucky one. Lots of people dreamed of creating jobs but chose other paths in life. What prevents people to reach their aims of being photographers(Lomo-Hobby), for instance? Maybe they are afraid of being unprofessional, or they are not quite sure whether they are talented enough.However, if you have these fears, they can be overcome by means of a special type of photography style which has the only demand – being yourself. So, let’s talk about Lomography.
- Two Austrian students went to Prague where they bought cheap soviet cameras. They began taking pictures just for fun without thinking. After they came back to Austria, they were amazed to find that the photos they took were great – the colors very extremely rich, distortion of the picture, and edge darkening were “stylish”. Since then the history of Lomography has begun.
- There are 500 000 adherents of this movement all around the globe.
- The characteristics of photographs: are saturated colors, depth of field, edge darkening, and light distortion.
- The name Lomography has its roots in the soviet camera brand – Lomo.
- This type of photography is accessible to everyone.
- It doesn’t have strict requirements for using a rare Lomo but almost any camera can serve the idea of Lomography (however digital one doesn’t answer the purpose of the movement). So, it’s better to find a camera that is intended to make these types of photography.
- Moto of Lomography: LOve&Motion
Principles of Lomography
1. Take your camera wherever you are and take photos whether it’s day or night. You can find a very interesting moment while you encounter ordinary things. Life is full of unique moments which can’t be repeated. So, be ready to shoot.
2. Lomography is a style of life.
3. Don’t think but just photograph. Do it fast, otherwise, you can miss a great moment.
4. Shoot from the hip (you can even not look into the lens).
5. Take pictures from a close distance.
6. Forget all the rules.
Weird Hobby: Good Way to Stand Out
Sometimes weird hobbies can repel people from a hobbyist. However, having a strange hobby has actual and potential advantages that can assist a hobbyist in different ways. Just look at it from a different angle of view. Check out the reasons for having a weird hobby.
#1 Weird hobby helps to stand out.
Every person is unique. And this particularity people try to emphasize by means of personal style in clothes, haircuts, cars and suchlike. So, the weird hobbies give a tremendous opportunity for this deal. A hobbyist not only shows his individuality to people but also experiences his specialty by himself. Sometimes it can even help a person to learn about himself revealing unpredictable traits which the “owner” couldn’t imagine possessing.
#2 Weird hobby opens a new experience.
New experience always widens our horizon and makes our life more adventurous. Since a strange hobby promises adventures for a person, without them, life seems grey, ordinary, and insignificant. People usually complain their life resembles a movie “Groundhog Day” – everything is planned and there is a tiny space for extreme changes! So, having a weird hobby enlarges the limits of what we call life itself.
#3 They will remember you!
A person who has a bizarre hobby often shocks people. But on the other hand, his personality can barely be forgotten thanks to his cup of tea. It helps him to stand out from the mass and even contributes his popularity to increase however whether this popularity is positive or negative is sometimes hard to predict.
So, every person needs to feel unique. But whether your posh gadget, pompous car, or weird hobby will serve as self-expression is just your choice.
Brazilian woman, former model, killed by Russian troops
How to Choose Perfect Watch
Welcome Back: Miranda Kerr’s Hot Pictures Gallery
- Dating & Relationships1 year ago
Secret Weapon of Human Attractiveness
- News1 month ago
Brazilian woman, former model, killed by Russian troops
- Beautiful Women3 years ago
- Power & Money8 years ago
Highest Salary Careers
- Beautiful Women10 years ago
Anne Hathaway- Classical American Beauty
- Health & Sports4 years ago
Top 3 Worst Drive-Thru Food
- Entertainment4 years ago
Mad Men are Back for Season 5
- Entertainment10 years ago
Top Ten Craziest Birthday Spenders