Whether it’s a workplace social at the pub, a crate of beer for the game need Drink Too Much, or a night of drinking your mates under the table, alcohol has a prominent position in the culture of the young working man. In fact, it seems to be as much a part of socializing as body language.
But is there a point when “frequently drunk” becomes “infrequently sober?” Are you really sure that your drinking poses no threat to your social, work, or physical health? The National Audit Office reported in 2008 that 10 million people are considered heavy drinkers. Of course, only a percentage of these are alcoholics so you may not be pouring whisky on your cornflakes just yet, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ask yourself if you drink too much.
At what level?
Experts split drinking habits into four groups, relating the risk they pose to psychological and physical health. These are social, heavy, problematic, and dependent. So at what level are you drinking?
Social, or “moderate,” drinking in the UK would be defined as no more than two drinks a day. So if you’re gulping down a couple of pints a day from Monday to Friday with work colleagues, having a couple of glasses of red at a dinner party on Saturday, and taking two cold ones from the fridge for Sunday’s game, you’re pushing the boundaries, but wouldn’t be rushed to A&E for a stomach pumping session any time soon. This is where you want to be as the guy climbing the career ladder or mixing with friends; you’re sociable, and can enjoy a drink but know when to stop.
A heavy drinker is someone who regularly drinks above the safe limits defined in “social drinking.” Consuming 21 or more units a week (one unit is about half a pint of beer), or more than four units in one session is potentially harmful to health and, if done regularly, can lead to serious problems. Cirrhosis of the liver, damaged pancreas, and sexual or heart problems are all linked to heavy alcohol consumption. But don’t just consider physical signs. When you find yourself deserted by your colleagues — again — as you dance the cha-cha-cha on the pool table, things may have reached a new level. If relationships, work productivity, or home life show some signs of suffering due to drinking habits, you should cut down on your consumption.
A “problem” drinker will be clunking a six-pack onto the counter on a daily basis — despite alcohol-related health, work, or social problems. While not dependent on alcohol so as to experience withdrawal symptoms, drinking is a social and daily habit. Do you feel guilty about drinking? Do you often skip work after a night out? These are more subtle signs than cirrhosis of the liver (which is likely to be evident at this point) but are all signs that you drink too much.
This is the muddy puddle at the bottom of the slippery slope. Where you were once the life and soul of the party, the young talent with an eye on the company director’s chair and the example of work/life balance, you now find yourself giving up on social and occupational commitments, drinking more to achieve any effect and experiencing withdrawal symptoms should you find yourself too broke to buy the booze. Despite alcohol being the origin of your current problems, it is the solution to your woes, the solace you seek, and the craving that gnaws at your better judgment. Alcoholics will often deny excessive drinking, so counting up your weekly unit intake may not be the best way to become self-aware. But have you experienced some of the above life changes?
look at your drinking in perspective
It’s true that work relationships often benefit from a pint after office hours. Unfortunately, though, there are many stories of the young professional who became the guy running topless over the taxi, who became the all-too-often empty chair at work, who eventually became the guy telling a bottle all about the great job he once had before the days when he had to munch on eight pills to treat his liver.
The important factor to keep in mind if you’re worried that you drink too much is that there are always resources to help you manage your consumption, whatever your drinking level. If you feel you have a problem, you do. Your GP will be able to direct you to local resources and support and will offer counsel as you cut down your consumption.
How to Start Jogging?
Everybody is aware of the tremendous effect of jogging. First, while jogging, you train all your muscles including the heart. Second, jogging also helps to obtain a happiness hormone, hence, it serves as an excellent “distractor”. Third, it favors the development of personal features such as self-control and purposefulness. However, it turned out to be difficult enough to start your jogging activity. Here you can find some recommendations.
Don’t try to win a marathon race immediately
The very first mistake beginners make is a pursuit to pass as long a distance as they can without a necessary break. In this case, your organism protests as you didn’t prepare it for such kind of activity. Instead, do it gradually. Initially combine walking with jogging, and over time just prolong your running. Your target is running for 30 minutes without tension.
Warm-up your muscles
It’s recommended to warm up your body right before jogging. If you ever did weightlifting exercises, then you understand the importance of muscle stretch, for instance. Moreover, try to find places with different relief. Thus, on Monday, you can practice on a beach, on Tuesday – in the mountains and suchlike.
Nothing is more harmful than a lack of motivation. Maybe your decision to start jogging was just an emotional impulse. But if you are aware of the necessity of it, you need to get ready for the obstacles lying in your way such as simple laziness. If you conquer yourself, then half of the track is passed.
Healthy And Tasty Breakfast
Many people neglect Tasty Breakfast: some of them don’t really want to eat in the morning, and others just don’t have enough time for it. However, breakfasts play a great role in our life, and the initial supply of energy we get in the morning. So, the quality of what you eat for breakfast logically impacts your condition. Maybe you’ve noticed that one person is bright and cheerful, and makes his work energetically, while another suffers from a lack of energy the whole day. There can be lots of reasons for this however a basic guarantee of being full of energy is having a healthy breakfast. Here are some useful details for a healthy morning meal.
- Eggs contain proteins and vitamins A. However everyday consumption is not a good idea.
- Jam serves as a source of energy. It will promote better mental work however don’t confine yourself to only this kind of meal.
- White bread toasts are full of carbohydrates. Since they are high-calorie, don’t consume them so much.
- Replace sugar with honey.
- It’s recommended to drink green tea instead of coffee.
- Fresh orange juice will be also quite healthy as it provides you with vitamin C for the whole day.
Some ideas for a healthy breakfast
1) A very healthy dish which will make you more energetic is porridge. You can put into it fruits, berries, nuts and instead of sugar add honey to it.
2) Yogurt, berries, nuts
3) Fruit salad
4) Toast + butter + cheese + tomato
5) Boiled eggs, orange juice, and sandwich
How To Beat Burnout?
Emotional exhaustion is a “curse” of people living in the high-stressed conditions of modern life mostly people who Beat Burnout. Basically, emotional exhaustion emerges because of immersing pressure whether it’s at work, university, or in personal life. A person, who is overwhelmed with such tremendous things as huge responsibilities at work, long working hours, low salary, divorce, or conflict in marriage, has a great chance to be affected by burnout syndrome.
The so-called burnout syndrome has four stages.
- In the first stage: a person is generally satisfied with his job but gradually the interest in it decreases.
- In the second stage: apathy and lack of interest in work turn into a “norm”.
- The third stage: a person constantly doesn’t have enough time to complete his work. Besides, he is irritated all the time, his temper becomes worse and sometimes he acquires bad habits.
- In the fourth stage: the person suffers from psychosomatic diseases such as ulcers, asthma, and sometimes even cancer.
1) The best way to avoid burnout is self-expression. That’s why the representatives of creative professions (artists, actors, musicians) never suffer from this syndrome. So, if your work is not creative, find an appropriate time (during the breaks, for instance) to do the creative things.
2) In case you are overwhelmed with information, take a little break. Try to avoid the thoughts about the things which can shatter your fragile emotional condition. If you can, just stop thinking. It’ll be a kind of meditation.
3) Another method that will help you to get rid of emotional exhaustion is development. When a person sees the space for development, it can inspire him to go ahead. At the same time, the routine can be eliminated from the work.
4) Another reason to lead a healthy lifestyle is that it helps to cope with the pressure. The strong physical conditions can contribute to making your emotional condition stronger as well.
5) Plan your vacations making them more effective in the sense of recovery. Besides, while you are on holiday, forget about your work. Live in the here and know and just enjoy your pastime.
Brazilian woman, former model, killed by Russian troops
How to Choose Perfect Watch
Welcome Back: Miranda Kerr’s Hot Pictures Gallery
- Dating & Relationships1 year ago
Secret Weapon of Human Attractiveness
- News1 month ago
Brazilian woman, former model, killed by Russian troops
- Beautiful Women3 years ago
- Power & Money8 years ago
Highest Salary Careers
- Entertainment3 months ago
Too Much Photoshopped Cover girls
- Beautiful Women10 years ago
Anne Hathaway- Classical American Beauty
- Health & Sports4 years ago
Top 3 Worst Drive-Thru Food
- Entertainment4 years ago
Mad Men are Back for Season 5